Russia is a vast country full of natural wonders – from the snowy plateaus of Siberia to the bustling metropolises of Moscow and St. Petersburg, this country has so much to offer for every traveler.
However, if you are an Iranian citizen and plan to visit Russia, do not forget to apply for your visa! A Russia visa is required for Iran passport holders. Thankfully, there is a quick and simple process to obtain an evisa to Russia through an easy-to-use online platform.
Do Iranian Citizens Need a Visa for Russia?
Yes, Iranian citizens are required to have a visa before they can enter Russia. Thanks to a new initiative set forth by the Russian government, travelers from a select number of countries are invited to apply for an electronic visa (also known as an evisa). This process is much faster and easier than traditionally applying for Russia eVisa, where travelers would have to book their trip through a Russian travel agency and possibly have an in-person interview at a local embassy.
Russia eVisa for Iranian Travelers
The process to obtain a Russia evisa for Iranian citizens is simple and straightforward. Applicants will need to fill out the online Russia evisa application for Iranian citizens, which takes less than an hour to complete. The approval process takes less than four days (96 hours), which includes weekends and holidays!
Russia Visa Requirements from Iran
The Russian eVisa for Irani passport holders is valid for up to eight (8) days in the Amur, Chukotka, Kamchatka, Khabarovsk Krai, Primorye and Sakhalin regions of Russia.
After they are approved for an evisa, travelers will need to arrive at an eligible port and have the immigration control officer check their documents before entering the country.
The eligible ports include six (6) airports, five (5) seaports, and a handful of railway and road entry points:
- Air checkpoints: Vladivostok (Knevichi), Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (Elizovo), Blagoveshchensk, Khabarovsk (New), Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Khomutovo), Anadyr (Coal);
- Sea checkpoints: Vladivostok, Zarubino, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Korsakov, Posyet;
- Railway checkpoints: Pogranichny, Hassan, Makhalino;
- Road checkpoints: Poltavka, Turiy Rog.
Russia Documents Required for Iranian Citizens
There are a few Russia Visa Requirements from Iranian citizens. We have highlighted the most important items below:
- Passport: Applicants need to have a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity.
- Personal information: Applicants need to submit personal information, which includes but is not limited to first name, surname, birthdate, nationality, residential address, and more.
- A digital photo: Applicants will need to upload a digital photo that was taken within the last six (6) months. The photo must be colorized, and have the applicant’s face clearly shown.
- A form of payment: Payment must be made with a valid debit card or credit card.
- A valid email address: It is important to have a valid email address in order to receive confirmation of the application, as well as subsequent correspondences.
Russia Embassies in Iran
There is one Russian embassy in the country’s capital, Tehran.
The address is 39, Nofel Loshato (Neauphle Le Château) St. The current ambassador is H.E. Mr. Levan Dzhagaryan.