Russian Visa for Norwegian Citizens
As the biggest country in the world, Russia is full of wonders, from the bustling metropolitan cities of Saint Petersburg and Moscow to the far east regions of Siberia. It is known for its rich history that goes across thousands of years, as well as colorful churches, romantic architecture, sprawling nature, and interesting locals.
However, before you can buy a ticket and start to explore Russia, it is important to note that all Norwegian citizens must have a valid visa before they can enter Russia. Thankfully, there is a new and simple way of obtaining a Russian visa. It only takes one hour to complete, four days to be approved, and allows travelers to stay in the region for up to 8 days. We’ll show you everything you need to know about the Kaliningrad evisa.
Russian Visa requirements for Norwegian citizens
If you would like to go ahead and apply for a Kaliningrad visa from Norway, there are only a few Russian visa requirements for Norwegian citizens that you must follow. They include the following:
- A valid Norwegian passport: Your passport must have at least 6 months validity from the date of application. The passport must also have at least two free pages, in case there is a need to add a visa or stamp in the passport.
- Personal information: All applicants will need to submit personal information, which includes their first name, last name, birthday, nationality, current address, and more.
- A digital photo: Applicants must submit a passport-style digital color photograph.
- A valid email address: Finally, applicants will need a valid email address in order to receive correspondence about their evisa application and approval.
- A valid form of payment: Applicants should have a valid debit or credit card that they will use to pay the eVisa application fee.
The Kaliningrad visa is one of the easiest Russian visas for Norwegian citizens to obtain. Once you have all of the required documents and information, it is time to move onto the application part of the process.
Travel to Russia with an eVisa from Norway
The Kaliningrad evisa for Norwegian citizens is a fully electronic visa that is digitally linked to the passport and allows Norwegian citizens to travel to Kaliningrad Oblast for a short period of time. The Kaliningrad evisa allows travelers to stay for a maximum stay of 8 days in the area and is valid for 30 days in total from the date of issue. The visa allows travelers to visit Kaliningrad oblast for the purposes of tourism, humanitarian (such as a sporting, cultural, or scientific event), and business purposes. However, it should be noted that it is not a work visa, and those who would like to work in Russia must obtain a different visa.
In order to be considered for the Kaliningrad Russian evisa, every traveler must enter the area of Kaliningrad (which is situated between Poland and Lithuania) through one of the following checkpoints:
- Air border checkpoint – Kaliningrad (Khrabrovo)
- Seaport checkpoints – Kaliningrad, Baltiysk, Svetly
- Railway checkpoints – Mamonovo, Sovetsk
- Road checkpoints – Bagrationovsk, Gusev
Apply for Kaliningrad eVisa from Norway
The process to obtain a Kaliningrad evisa starts by completing the online visa application form.
The application is very straightforward and easy to complete. It will ask you a few simple questions such as your personal information, passport information, contact information, and your travel plans. The form takes only a few minutes to complete and can be done from your home.
Once the Kaliningrad evisa for Norwegian citizens application is complete, applicants will need to use a valid debit or credit card to pay the final fee and wait for an email notifying them about the status of their electronic visa. The average processing time is around 4 days, but this timeframe can vary due to demand or other factors.
After successfully receiving the Kaliningrad evisa, it is highly recommended to print out the confirmation email before entering Russia, as you will need to present this to the passport control officers when entering Kaliningrad.
Russian Embassy in Norway
Address: Drammensveien 74, 0244 Oslo, Norway
Telephone: (+47) 22 55 32 78 / (+47) 22 44 06 08
Fax: (+47) 22 55 00 70
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Barentsburg
Address: Norge, Svalbard, Barentsburg, Den Russiske Foderasjons Konsulat
Telephone: +47 (790) 21-785
Fax: +47 (790) 21-785
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Kirkenes
Address: Norge, 9900 Kirkenes, Postbox 98, Radhusplassen
Telephone: +47 (78) 99-3737, 99-3738
Fax: +47 (78) 99-3742