If you are a Qatari citizen planning a trip to Russia, there is a new initiative that streamlines the visa process. This means that travelers no longer need to apply through a Russian agency, spend hours at the local embassy, and go through interviews. In fact, the electronic Russian visa method takes only one hour to complete the application, and travelers can expect to have their visa to Russia in less than four days.
We have compiled a quick and easy step by step guide to getting your Russian e-Visa, including how to apply, the requirements, and more.
Do Qatari Citizens Need a Visa for Russia?
Yes. Qatari citizens are required to have a visa to Russia before they can legally be allowed to enter the country. Thankfully, there is a quick and simple way to obtain a Russia online visa for Qatar passport holders.
How to Get a Russian eVisa for Qatar Citizens?
Russia has introduced a new initiative that makes it easy for citizens of eighteen countries, including the United Arab Emirates, Japan, Singapore, and Qatar, to get an electronic visa (also known as an evisa). Obtaining a Russia visa for Qatari citizens is now quicker than ever – travelers can apply online and do not need to visit an embassy, have an in-person interview, or prepare a mountain of documents.
Perhaps the biggest advantage of this new program is the fact that travelers will not need to secure a visa through the traditional method, which required applicants to go through a Russian tour agency, get an invitation letter, and then apply through an embassy.
In order to obtain a Russia eVisa for Qatari citizens, applicants must follow a few rules. First, they must be traveling to and from a designated port in the Russian far east. The largest and most popular point of entry is the city of Vladivostok, which has a large airport as well as a seaport. Applicants will have to submit the online Russian evisa application for Qatari citizens, which usually takes less than 4 calendar days (96 hours), regardless of weekends and holidays.
Finally, Qatari applicants will receive their Russian evisa, which is good for visits up to 8 days, and will be valid for 30 days from the date of issue. For visits longer than 8 days, applicants have to apply for a regular Russian tourist visa.
The eligible ports include six (6) airports, five (5) seaports, and a handful of railway and road entry points:
- Air checkpoints: Vladivostok (Knevichi), Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (Elizovo), Blagoveshchensk, Khabarovsk (New), Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Khomutovo), Anadyr (Coal);
- Sea checkpoints: Vladivostok, Zarubino, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Korsakov, Posyet;
- Railway checkpoints: Pogranichny, Hassan, Makhalino;
What are the Russia Online Visa Requirements for Qatari citizens?
In order to apply for a visa for Russia from Qatar, there are a handful of Russia Visa requirements for Qatari citizens. These include the following items:
- Passport: Qatari citizens need to have a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity in order to be eligible to apply and enter the country of Russia.
- Personal information: Applicants need to submit personal information, which includes but is not limited to first name, surname, birthdate, nationality, residential address, and more.
- A digital photo: Applicants will need to upload a digital photo that was taken within the last six (6) months. The photo must be colorized, and have the applicant’s face clearly shown.
- A form of payment: Payment must be made with a valid debit card or credit card.
- A valid email address: It is important to have a valid email address in order to receive confirmation of the application, as well as subsequent correspondences.
Visit Russia from Qatar
There are a handful of daily flights from Qatar to Russia.
Flights from Doha, the capital of Qatar, to Vladivostok, the “Capital of Russia’s Far East” are usually through airlines like Qatar Airlines, S7, Asiana, or Sri Lankan Airlines.
Russian Embassy in Qatar
There is one Russian embassy in Doha, the capital of Qatar. Applicants who have further questions or need to see an in-person specialist can visit the embassy at Area 66, Street #804, Villa #4,15404, Doha, Qatar.
The current ambassador is H.E.Mr. Nurmakhmad Kholov.