Russia is a vast country that is bursting with tourism, business, and humanitarian opportunities: from the capital of Moscow to the far east city of Vladivostok, the largest country in the world has something for everyone.
Before they can travel to Russia, however, Singaporean citizens are required to have a visa.
Thanks to a new initiative set forth by the Russian government, there is an easier way to get a Russian visa for Singaporean citizens. There is no need to visit an embassy, obtain an invitation letter from a tour agency, and have an in-person interview. In fact, the new electronic method takes only one hour to complete the application, and travelers can expect to have their visa to Russia in approximately four days.
Do Singaporean Citizens Need a Visa for Russia?
Yes, a Russian visa is required for Singaporean passport holders.
Normally travelers would need to apply through an embassy or secure their visa through a Russian tour operator.
However, in an effort to boost business and tourism, there is a quicker and simpler way to get the right travel authorization with the Russia online visa for Singaporean citizens. If one is planning to travel to Russia’s far east region, they are eligible for a single-entry business, tourist, or humanitarian visa in the form of an electronic visa.
Singaporean holders of an APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) that are traveling on business do not require a visa.
Russia eVisa for Singaporean travelers
As mentioned above, the Russian eVisa for Singapore passport holders is valid for up to eight (8) days in the Amur, Chukotka, Kamchatka, Khabarovsk Krai, Primorye and Sakhalin regions of Russia.
Travelers will need to fill out the Russia eVisa application for Singaporean citizens before they travel to one of these regions. After they are approved for an evisa, travelers will need to arrive at an eligible port and have the immigration control officer check their documents before entering the country.
The eligible ports include six (6) airports, five (5) seaports, and a handful of railway and road entry points:
- Air checkpoints: Vladivostok (Knevichi), Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (Elizovo), Blagoveshchensk, Khabarovsk (New), Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Khomutovo), Anadyr (Coal);
- Sea checkpoints: Vladivostok, Zarubino, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Korsakov, Posyet;
- Railway checkpoints: Pogranichny, Hassan, Makhalino;
- Road checkpoints: Poltavka, Turiy Rog.
Visa for Russia from Singapore
The Russian Online visa application is quick and straightforward. There is no need to visit an embassy, no need to get an invitation from a tour agency, and no need for an in-person interview. The application takes less than one hour to complete and only requires some basic information from the traveler.
The traveler simply has to fill out a Russian eVisa online application form and submit it. Applicants will receive a response usually in less than 4 calendar days (96 hours), regardless of weekends and holidays.
Russia Visa Requirements from Singapore
In order to fill out and submit an application, there are a few Russia tourist eVisa requirements from Singapore citizens.
Please consult the following list that include, but are not limited to, the requirements:
- Passport: Applicants need to have a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity.
- Personal information: Applicants need to submit personal information, which includes but is not limited to first name, surname, birthdate, nationality, residential address, and more.
- A digital photo: Applicants will need to upload a digital photo that was taken within the last six (6) months. The photo must be colorized, and have the applicant’s face clearly shown.
- A form of payment: Payment must be made with a valid debit card or credit card.
- A valid email address: It is important to have a valid email address in order to receive confirmation of the application, as well as subsequent correspondences.
Russia Embassies in Singapore
If the traveler has questions or needs to see someone in-person, there is one Russian embassy in Singapore.
The address is 51 Nassim Road, Singapore 258439.